Thursday, March 18, 2010

Roller Coaster

What I'm doing: I'm up at the "insane" hour of 7:30 today. (I know, I've just lost the pity of those with real jobs.) Getting ready to go into school, with every intention of stopping at Starbucks on the way in. A caramel macchiatto, with a combo of sugar and caffeine is just what I need!

It's been a few days since my last blog, and I think that "roller coaster" best describes how these days have been. Finishing this PhD seems to have given me a bit of a temporary personality disorder - as if I didn't have enough "issues" already. :) One day, I'm unambiguously ecstatic, and the next I'm a frustrated and downtrodden mess. This may have something to do with the fact that my sleeping habits have hit rock bottom in record time (and that's saying something coming from a life-long insomniac!) together with the combination of the weather that has suddenly taken a turn for the beautiful. Who could not feel an overwhelming sense of well being when they are outside in such lovely weather? And who could not feel hopeless when they've had 4 hours of sleep for the past 3-4 (5?) days. Clearly, I'm losing track.
Oh well, regardless of whether it's a good day or a bad one, I'm slowly trudging to my goal. I have a few changes to make to my southern Africa chapter and then my advisor says he "doesn't need to see it again". The East Africa chapter is undergoing major rewrites, but at least they are of the reorganizational type, not the "you did something wrong" type.
P.S. I promise to write again sooner this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment