What I'm doing: Getting back to work, and drinking tea - Earl Grey - hot.
So, this actually didn't happen today, but happened two days ago. But, it was interesting, so I thought I'd share.
After my new 16GB thumb drive failed, after I'd calmed down enough to realize that most of the info on it was backed up on one of my 5 harddrives, I was walking home. I was trying very hard to "find my center" and be zen and "buddha-like", so I started visualizing calming things.
I thought first of a rock garden. Peaceful, serene, but trying to rake perfect lines would probably drive me batty.
Scratch that one.
Then I thought of the scent of lavender.
Nice.
I thought of beautiful fields of lavender.
Nice.
Then I thought of how my poor lavender plant is dying a slow death and I can't figure out why.
Whoa - back up!
Lavender fields, let's stick with that. I've never seen fields of lavender, so it looked a lot like the meadows in the Sound of Music, only purple-ish.
I was working on fleshing out this vision, when suddenly, I smelled lavender. I don't mean some memory of a smell or that "I could almost smell it". I smelled lavender as surely as if I had stuck my face in my dying lavender plant! I almost stopped in my tracks, but it was gone in a split second. With no real lavender around, I suppose it was some sort of an olfactory hallucination.
As with most things, I feel that this could be a good or bad thing. Either I'm going crazy, or I'm developing my mind-over-matter skills. I'll hope for the second.
As far as work goes, I took a nap, which was very nice, and am getting back to work now. I can check the outline of the introductory chapter, completing the results section, and making a figure off of my to-do list for the day. Drinking more coffee is an ongoing process, although I'm currently cheating on Mr. Coffee with Mr. Tea. So, this evening, I'm working on the geological/geophysical background sections. Fun-fun-fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment