What I'm doing: Went to dinner and bought a couple of books. Now I'm settling in to finish (hopefully) the changes to my EA chapter.
I made a trip to Barnes and Noble just now, and it has reenforced a trend I've been noticing in the books I've been choosing to read. As a rule, I enjoy reading books of all sorts, fiction and nonfiction, classic literature and scifi serials, etc.. I've long been in the habit of alternating between "serious", "fluff", and things in between. I've noticed, however, that the closer I get to my defense, the more my tastes have leant towards the "fluff" end of the spectrum. It's gotten to the point that I now have a list of nearly 10 "serious" or somewhat serious books that I'm putting off reading, even though they sound very interesting, for the sole reason that the idea of trying to focus on them makes my brain hurt! I am hoping this is a temporary thing that I can blame on being so preoccupied with my research and that soon after my defense I can return to enjoying the kinds of books that I always have.
No comments:
Post a Comment