What I'm doing: Celebrating!
I finally did it! I finished (the draft) of my dissertation! 232 pages, which is about what I was expecting. It's been a battle right up to the end. I actually found a bug in one of my plotting programs this evening and had to redo some of my checkerboards right at the end, and made a (small) change to my interpretations this afternoon. But it is done. Although I know that there's a lot of work ahead of me, I am very happy right now. Terrified of my defense, it is true, but happy none the less. For so long, my dissertation has just been a collection of papers and figures pulled together into a lump here, and a pile there. But now, it's all one cohesive piece. It's beautiful. I'm proud. And somehow, even after all I've been through with this, I still think the results from my last chapter are absolutely fascinating. Isn't that fact in and of itself enough to qualify me for my PhD?
No comments:
Post a Comment